Monday, November 19, 2018

The big gamble.

Gamble for me. Gamble the way I would for you- the way I already have.

Show me. Tell me. Be different. Be brave.

I know it's scary. I'm terrified too.

I want to believe I'm doing the right thing, laying it out there. I want to believe with the infinite possibilities, the odds could be in our favor.

I'm afraid to make mistakes too. The "what ifs" lay heavy on my heart, my mind. They drag me into spiraling thoughts- thoughts I chase, but can't answer on my own. Don't leave me alone with them.

So risk with me. Stand afraid with me. Hold my hand, and look beyond it all. Catch me, the way I'd catch you.

I don't want to make the same mistakes. I know I'm better than I used to be.

I'd fall down with you. I'd trip, and get up again with you. For you.

I just have to keep telling myself- be brave. Be brave.

Take my hand. Don't let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment